From: Stelian Ionescu <sionescu@××××.org>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] CentOS bootstrap
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 19:57:57
1 On Tue, 2009-08-25 at 11:42 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > Hi Stelian,
3 >
4 > On 25-08-2009 02:58:09 +0200, Stelian Ionescu wrote:
5 > > Using the Solaris guide I managed to bootstrap Prefix on CentOS 5.3,
6 > > with only a few minor problems:
7 > > 1) I think that the guide should explicitly mention that after emerging
8 > > binutils and gcc one should run «source $EPREFIX/etc/profile». Even if
9 > > there's an elog message that states that, it was easy to miss it(after
10 > > binutils) and that lead to a broken gcc
11 >
12 > why is that necessary?
13
14 I'm not sure, but without it I managed to get a broken toolchain: when
15 compiling coreutils with it I noticed that several of the binaries
16 compile by the configure script(all named conftest) would loop
17 endlessly, while compiling the relative conftest.c with the system
18 compiler worked
19
20 > > 2) I needed to export PYTHONPATH=$EPREFIX/usr/lib/portage/pym/ in order
21 > > for the bootstrap portage to work
22 >
23 > can that be related to the symlink problem in the bootstrap-prefix
24 > script?
25
26 Yes, probably. With that bug fixed, the bootstrap now works fine
29 Stelian Ionescu a.k.a. fe[nl]ix
30 Quidquid latine dictum sit, altum videtur.
31 http://common-lisp.net/project/iolib