From: Nils Ohlmeier <nils@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Installation workaround for findutils on Mac OS X
Date: Sun, 30 Mar 2008 16:57:52
1 Hello,
2
3 I just wanted to share my installation experience of Gentoo Prefix on
4 Mac OS X 10.5.2 (with iPod SDK installed - not sure if that makes a
5 difference).
6
7 I followed this instructions
8 http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/gentoo-alt/prefix/bootstrap-macos.xml
9
10 I had no issue with the step './bootstrap-prefix.sh $EPREFIX/tmp
11 findutils' but later on the linking failed at the 'emerge --oneshot
12 findutils' step.
13 The linker bailed out a signal 10 (bus error) and complained about
14 missing symbol '_strrchr'.
15 I looked around and it turned out that all current versions in the
16 portage tree from 4.2.32 to 4.3.13 had the same issue. Further digging
17 showed that the problem was actually the gnulib contained in the
18 findutils. Particularly fts.c and progname.c are the only files which
19 contain a call to strrchr().
20 It turned out that I only could successfully bootstrap the findutils in
21 the first step, because that step fetches findutils 4.2.31. And this old
22 version of the findutils contains an old version of the gnulib which
23 does not contain fts.c or progname.c.
24 Thus I created an ebuild for findutils-4.2.31 by hand and emerge that
25 with 'emerge --oneshot =findutils-4.2.31'. After that I was able to
26 finish the Gentoo Prefix bootstrap. And after the 'emerge --sync' the
27 upgrade to findutils-4.4.0 went smooth.
30 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list