From: Elias Pipping <pipping@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] emerge coreutils warning about su not being available
Date: Wed, 07 Nov 2007 12:27:30
1 On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 04:37:05PM +1000, Peter Ansell wrote:
2 > I didn't mean to presume that everything was going to be okay with it :)
3 >
4 > As for using python-2.4 for the bootstrapping, I ended up just
5 > skipping that step after trying it once and having it fail. 2.5
6 > installed nicely during the emerge -e system step.
7 >
8 > I also skipped the installation of subversion into the prefix as apr
9 > wasn't working, but apart from that I was extremely impressed by the
10 > ability to bootstrap Gentoo into a directory inside my new Leopard OS
11 > X installation.
12
13 apr should work now, though, no? after syncing that is.
16 -- Elias
17