From: rabbe@×××××××.se
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Is it recommendable to prepend the PKG_CONFIG_PATH?
Date: Tue, 05 Aug 2008 07:12:39
1 When trying to emerge x11-libs/vte in a prefix tree I get a failure
2 because the package requires a sufficiently recent glib.
3
4 I can work myself around this by declaring
5
6 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$EPREFIX/usr/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
7 export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=$EPREFIX/usr/share/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
8
9 Is this in fact something that would be recommendable to do all the time?
10
11 If so, at which point in the bootstrapping sequence?
12
13 And, are there more "pkgconfig" directories besides the two that I have
14 found?
15
16 --Rabbe Fogelholm