From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: 'Continuous Integration' for Gentoo Prefix?
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 10:55:55
1 On 27-11-2018 10:20:52 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > On 11/27/2018 09:37 AM, Sam Pfeiffer wrote:
3 > > On Tue, Nov 27, 2018 at 7:20 PM Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o <mailto:grobian@g.o>> wrote:
4 > >
5 > > > I don't want to depress this entire discussion, but it would be really
6 > > > nice if we could somehow interact with special machines people have at
7 > > > their company or at home.  Prefix needs testing on many different
8 > > > machines (non-Linux) which usually don't exist in docker images.
9 >
10 > I second this - and let me add a further aspect here:
11 > What I know from buildbot setup is that the master does provide (mostly shell)
12 > commands to be executed on the slave. This is fine as long as there is limited
13 > visibility for the master. But when a public buildbot master is being hijacked,
14 > it feels too easy to execute malicious commands even on the slave machines.
15 >
16 > So over a buildbot like setup, I would prefer a Jenkins like setup, where the
17 > master does provide only trigger information to slaves. And even more appealing
18 > would be a standalone slave setup, where the master does just receive the build
19 > logs for the public, without access to slave machines at all.
20
21 So, with this in mind, I've started experimenting, here's my "progress":
22
23 http://bootstrap.prefix.bitzolder.nl/results/
24
25 The idea is to rsync the result after the bootstrap-prefix.sh call to the
26 server. I can have setup to be in an "upload" sense. The current call
27 (which assumes direct access) can be found in the dobootstrap script I
28 currently use to fire off a bootstrap on a platform:
29
30 http://bootstrap.prefix.bitzolder.nl/dobootstrap (see DOPUBLISH)
31
32 None of these targets are RAP by the way. I think the current CI is
33 very good at that.
34
35 By the way, no bootstraps succeeded recently, so that's the goal to get
36 that triggered so we can focus on fixing it. Just being able to pull in
37 the CI success/fail for that would already be a start.
38
39 Thanks,
40 Fabian
43 Fabian Groffen