From: Richard Geary <richardg.work@×××××.com>
To: heroxbd@g.o
Cc: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: Bootstrap rap fails on Fedora 20 x86_64
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2014 02:55:12
2 > > The RAP bootstrap has not yet been considered finished.
5 That's ok. I suggest adding the current status & the link on the Prefix
6 libc wiki site since it's the google top page.
9 > > Nice catch, patch welcome.
12 Tar could be fixed by using v 1.27, if that is an option - I don't know the
13 version upgrade policy of your distro. eg. Any version upgrade may break
14 older OS builds. I would help with patches, but I'm short on free time at
15 the moment.
18 > >> Issue 2 in the new script is during phase 2, it tries to untar the
19 > >> missing files rap-overlay-perl.tar.bz2, rap-overlay-openrc.tar.bz2 and
20 > >> rap-overlay-portage.tar.bz2
21 >
22 > > I don't know what they are. Could you be more specific?
25 The patches I listed (rap-overlay-perl.tar.bz2, rap-overlay-openrc.tar.bz2
26 and rap-overlay-portage.tar.bz2) were introduced & required by the second
27 bootstrap script - I don't have them. I assumed you had them since the
28 changes were in your git tree?
29
30 > If you want to use Prefix on Fedora 20 and newer, a classic Prefix using
31
32 > host glibc will do, too. That receives more testing and might work more
33 > smoothly.
36 Thanks, it was your glibc & binutils eprefix patches that I was most
37 interested in, and x32 multi-lib which Fedora/RHEL explicitly doesn't
38 support. I've got my own prefix-style system for the other packages.