From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo RAP bootstrap script
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 09:33:33
1 Dear Steven,
2
3 Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu> writes:
4
5 > I've seen this sort of thing on other tries to build glibc in prefix.
6 > Here the host OS is debian and authentication is via a radius server
7 > over nfs. All user specific info is not stored in /etc/passwd but in a
8 > user passwd database. On gentoo, glibc sets the location to search for
9 > this database as under /var/db and I believe this needs to be
10 > $EPREFIX/var/db. Here on the host the database is stored under
11 > /var/lib/misc. One cannot simply copy over the debian-provided
12 > database to $EPREFIX/var/db and get things to work, at least I don't
13 > thing so. It is possible to get things to work with a little work,
14 > once the search path is $EPREFIX/var/db. One has to, from the output
15 > of "/usr/bin/getent passwd" on the host, generate a database for
16 > gentoo. And then some minor changes have to be made to
17 > $EPREFIX/etc/nsswitch.conf so that things are database aware. To see
18 > the problem, from within $EPREFIX
19 >
20 > $ id
21 > uid=105600 gid=925(math) groups=925(math)
22
23 Regarding this issue, I have a prefixified glibc at
24
25 http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=dev/heroxbd.git;a=blob;f=sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.17.ebuild
26
27 It looks for $EPREFIX/etc/{passwd,shadow,group,resolv.conf} and
28 $EPREFIX/var/db.
29
30 Therefore you can have your $EPREFIX/etc/passwd as
31
32 strogdon:x:105600:925:Steven Trogdon:/home/strogdon:/bin/bash
33
34 and $EPREFIX/etc/group as
35
36 math:x:925:strogdon
37
38 "getent passwd > $EPREFIX/etc/passwd" is also a good starting point.
39
40 This should resolve your problem.
41
42 You can copy the ebuild directly, or use the heroxbd overlay to emerge
43 the hacked glibc by
44
45 $ layman -a heroxbd
46
47 It's an ugly hack though, need to be refined to submit to upstream.
48
49 Benda