From: yegle <cnyegle@×××××.com>
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Cc: heroxbd@×××××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo RAP bootstrap script
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 15:04:49
1 Hi Benda,
2
3 Sorry for hijacking this thread. Will ROP get a seperate mailing list? I
4 have some questions about ROP on Ubuntu multiarch but asking it in this
5 mailing list is not very appropriate.
6
7 On Wednesday, October 2, 2013, wrote:
8
9 > Dear Steven,
10 >
11 > Steven Trogdon <strogdon@×××××.edu <javascript:;>> writes:
12 >
13 > > I've seen this sort of thing on other tries to build glibc in prefix.
14 > > Here the host OS is debian and authentication is via a radius server
15 > > over nfs. All user specific info is not stored in /etc/passwd but in a
16 > > user passwd database. On gentoo, glibc sets the location to search for
17 > > this database as under /var/db and I believe this needs to be
18 > > $EPREFIX/var/db. Here on the host the database is stored under
19 > > /var/lib/misc. One cannot simply copy over the debian-provided
20 > > database to $EPREFIX/var/db and get things to work, at least I don't
21 > > thing so. It is possible to get things to work with a little work,
22 > > once the search path is $EPREFIX/var/db. One has to, from the output
23 > > of "/usr/bin/getent passwd" on the host, generate a database for
24 > > gentoo. And then some minor changes have to be made to
25 > > $EPREFIX/etc/nsswitch.conf so that things are database aware. To see
26 > > the problem, from within $EPREFIX
27 > >
28 > > $ id
29 > > uid=105600 gid=925(math) groups=925(math)
30 >
31 > Regarding this issue, I have a prefixified glibc at
34 > http://git.overlays.gentoo.org/gitweb/?p=dev/heroxbd.git;a=blob;f=sys-libs/glibc/glibc-2.17.ebuild
35 >
36 > It looks for $EPREFIX/etc/{passwd,shadow,group,resolv.conf} and
37 > $EPREFIX/var/db.
38 >
39 > Therefore you can have your $EPREFIX/etc/passwd as
40 >
41 > strogdon:x:105600:925:Steven Trogdon:/home/strogdon:/bin/bash
42 >
43 > and $EPREFIX/etc/group as
44 >
45 > math:x:925:strogdon
46 >
47 > "getent passwd > $EPREFIX/etc/passwd" is also a good starting point.
48 >
49 > This should resolve your problem.
50 >
51 > You can copy the ebuild directly, or use the heroxbd overlay to emerge
52 > the hacked glibc by
53 >
54 > $ layman -a heroxbd
55 >
56 > It's an ugly hack though, need to be refined to submit to upstream.
57 >
58 > Benda
63 yegle
64 http://about.me/yegle