From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans
Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2013 11:23:05
1 Ok, Mr. Eggplant the vegetable,
2
3 Egg Plant <egg.plant@××××××××××.com> writes:
4
5 > I like to be known as "Eggplant" (yes, the vegetable), as of now.
6 > It's not an egg, it's not only a plant, it's your eggplant.
7 >
8 >> I will make one reply, to the gentoo-alt list.
9 >
10 > Umm! you are little annoyed upon me!
11 >
12 > I lost interest in my previous discussion, because, it seemed to me he
13 > was not reading/comprehending my whole message due to some unknown
14 > reason. He was showing interest about just single/few lines from the
15 > whole message breaking from my intended context.
16
17 No, not at all. I've read the articles you pointed out.
18
19 The pity is that at the present stage I know little about internals of
20 graphics. That's why I absorbed the information and have no reaction.
21
22 > Now you also done somewhat similar thing, reaad the following:
23 >
24 >> Egg Plant <egg.plant@××××××××××.com> writes:
25 >>
26 >>> I think it will be better if there is a sticky in the Gentoo
27 >>> Discussion Forums under "Gentoo on Alternative Architectures" on
28 >>> "Gentoo on Android".
29 >>
30 >> To update the status regularly?
31 >>
32 >>> Or, is their any dedicated mailing list to discuss problems
33 >>> encountered in using this project?
34 >>
35 >>> Or, it will be Bugzilla & IRC only as of now?
36 >>
37 >> No, I just hang around gentoo-{dev,alt}, and use official Gentoo
38 >> bugzilla.
39 >>
40 >> Therefore all the development activities are found in Gentoo
41 >> infrastructure.
44 > I intentionally kept the 3 lines together in the same block, with out
45 > leaving any blank line between them, all serving the same purpose as I
46 > mentioned in the second line. But you broke it. For good comparison,
47 > I am now quoting my original message:
48 >
49 > "
50 > I think it will be better if there is a sticky in the Gentoo Discussion
51 > Forums under "Gentoo on Alternative Architectures" on "Gentoo on
52 > Android".
53 > Or, is their any dedicated mailing list to discuss problems encountered in using this project?
54 > Or, it will be Bugzilla & IRC only as of now?
55 > "
56 >
57 > I think, there is something wrong in my writing style! I need to improve it. :)
58 > Also, english is not my mother toungue, so I am screwed. :(
59 > Or, may be, the problem occurs due to, I access mail using large
60 > screen & you access it using small screen devices.
61 >
62 > In any way, I have no intention to offend you (all the FOSS
63 > community), or slowdown this (Gentoo) project. Thank God, al least
64 > you responded to my mail !
65 >
66 > Now, for light/serious thinking, related to this confusion, read this
67 > post, if you have some free time:
68 > http://crantila.wordpress.com/2013/08/10/a-thought-about-how-power-works-in-society/
69 >
70 > [now DISCLAIMER: He doesn't know me, as far as I know, he is a good
71 > person, contributing to the Fedora Jam (Music) spin.]
74 I agree with the points of the article, but am lost about your point
75 here. Sorry if I misinterpreted your messages.
76
77 What's the bottom line? Are you suggesting making the development more
78 open? I'd say it's already so.
79
80 To the whole paragraph, the answer is there is no special place for this
81 project except the wiki
82 (http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android). The discussion goes to
83 mailinglist and IRC, the code get held in gentoo official cvs tree.
84
85 An announcement will be made after the uid/gid mapping bugs in Android
86 being resolved.
87
88 >> There is absolutely no code for graphics yet. It would be super cool if
89 >> you would like to contribute to it.
90 >
91 > Yea, I am very much eager to help you, but I am yet to reach that
92 > situation.
93
94 Ok.
95