From: Heiko Przybyl <zuxez@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o, mattmatteh@×××.com
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] qt using cocoa without x11
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 06:33:24
1 Hi Matt,
2
3 it is actually possible. Only problem would be Qt3Support on x64-macos
4 -- that doesn't work, but for x86-macos all parts of qt compile against
5 cocoa. Anyway, afaik you *need* Leopard to use Qt with Cocoa:
6 "Support for versions of Mac OS X below 10.5: We are using methods and
7 classes that are only available in 10.5 and higher. Most of these
8 functions don’t have any equivalent on earlier versions. We recommend
9 using the Carbon version for earlier versions of Mac OS X. We anticipate
10 keeping the Carbon port supported at least for the lifetime of 4.5." [1]
11 If you still want to try stuff, you'll prolly need my eclasses/ebuilds
12 from here [2] -- grobian kindly added it to prefix layman.
13
14 For building Qt on Tiger you'll have to use the Carbon API. This should
15 be available with stock prefix portage eclasses/ebuilds, since grobian
16 did build those packages on his machine iirc. Then you just need to
17 issue `emerge qt-gui` (or any package depending on that one).
20 Kind regards,
21
22 Heiko.
25 [1]
26 http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/03/03/qtmac-cocoa-port-alpha-released/
27 [2] http://repo.or.cz/w/heikos-i-prolly-break-your-prefix-overlay.git
31 mattmatteh@×××.com wrote:
32 > I was attempting to install qt without x11, is this possible? I looked
33 > at the ebuild and doesnt look easy since its using qt4-build eclass.
34 >
35 > matt