From: mattmatteh@×××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] qt using cocoa without x11
Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 07:48:24
1 I am using osx.4.11 on my ibook g4 ( ppc-macos ), does the carbon build
2 work with your overlay? If so, which overlay would be better to use ?
3
4 thanks
5
6 matt
7
8 On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Heiko Przybyl wrote:
9
10 > Hi Matt,
11 >
12 > it is actually possible. Only problem would be Qt3Support on x64-macos
13 > -- that doesn't work, but for x86-macos all parts of qt compile against
14 > cocoa. Anyway, afaik you *need* Leopard to use Qt with Cocoa:
15 > "Support for versions of Mac OS X below 10.5: We are using methods and
16 > classes that are only available in 10.5 and higher. Most of these
17 > functions don’t have any equivalent on earlier versions. We recommend
18 > using the Carbon version for earlier versions of Mac OS X. We anticipate
19 > keeping the Carbon port supported at least for the lifetime of 4.5." [1]
20 > If you still want to try stuff, you'll prolly need my eclasses/ebuilds
21 > from here [2] -- grobian kindly added it to prefix layman.
22 >
23 > For building Qt on Tiger you'll have to use the Carbon API. This should
24 > be available with stock prefix portage eclasses/ebuilds, since grobian
25 > did build those packages on his machine iirc. Then you just need to
26 > issue `emerge qt-gui` (or any package depending on that one).
29 > Kind regards,
30 >
31 > Heiko.
34 > [1]
35 > http://labs.trolltech.com/blogs/2008/03/03/qtmac-cocoa-port-alpha-released/
36 > [2] http://repo.or.cz/w/heikos-i-prolly-break-your-prefix-overlay.git
40 > mattmatteh@×××.com wrote:
41 >> I was attempting to install qt without x11, is this possible? I looked
42 >> at the ebuild and doesnt look easy since its using qt4-build eclass.
43 >>
44 >> matt