From: Peter Abrahamsen <rainhead@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] postgreql on prefix portage, doable?
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2008 22:03:19
1 We're running postgresql in a prefix on MacOS just fine. Some systems are
2 stable, some are 8.3.1, but when I just went to install 8.3.1 again I was
3 unable to run initdb due to some problem with $libdir. I didn't know about
4 the differences between postgresql, postgresql-server, etc, and will look
5 into this. I was using postgresql and libpq.
6
7 Otherwise, it runs just fine. If I get tired of forgetting to start my
8 database server at boot some day I might make a launchd thingie for it.
9
10 P
11