From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Qt5 for x64-macos
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2017 07:24:27
1 Hi Michael,
2
3 Long ago (that is, my first PPC G4/G5 age), I got with help from others
4 Qt running on macOS. At some point, this became too much of a burden,
5 so it was abandoned since stuff stopped working, etc. Reviving this is
6 fine, for as long as it gets used/maintained. I've recently reached the
7 conclusion we should cut all the crap that isn't used, for it simply
8 stalls us in getting rid of the prefix overlay (yes this is still a
9 goal). I think it is interesting to get Qt running, but if you feel
10 it's not going to be maintained or something, perhaps it's better off in
11 an overlay for now?
12
13 Thanks,
14 Fabian