From: Jeremy <jer.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] Stable Keywords?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2007 13:58:04
1 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 <snip>
3 > That just boils down to "prefix arch teams" that maintain the stable
4 > keywords.
5 > Keep in mind that before you can use it for bootstrapping you need to
6 > have an "prefix arch team" for every arch that we support.
7 >
8 > I have no time to do:
9 > ppc-macos
10 > x86-macos
11 > sparc-solaris
12 > x86-solaris
13 > x86-fbsd
14 > amd64-linux
15
16 True, and we are adding more obscure platforms often. I don't know how
17 many people use ia64-hpux for example, but it *seems* that I am one of
18 the few if only besides haubi because he has done alot of work on the
19 tree for me. I don't have time or resources to maintain a stable branch
20 by myself and report back to you.
21
22 Maybe here is a better solution:
23 Make the "auto-sync" script mark everything ~arch until it has been
24 tested by some members of the community then we could create a stabilize
25 request on b.g.o. - if people want to devote some time to it, they can
26 and they can lead the effort.
27
28 Thoughts?
29