From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] We need to empty the CONFIG_SITE envvar
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 10:59:37
1 On 03-10-2013 12:16:45 +0200, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > Hi!
3 >
4 > As I'm still not in sync with vanilla Prefix yet, thought to share this
5 > info before you start digging...
6 >
7 > 've just learned that autoconf's configure may listen to CONFIG_SITE
8 > environment variable, and simply sources the file from its value.
9 >
10 > This has bitten me on openSUSE 12.3 (64bit), where I've wondered why
11 > I got configure to use libdir=$prefix/lib64 and libexecdir=$prefix/lib
12 > even with some 32bit-only Prefix - and indeed, openSUSE 12.3 does
13 > set CONFIG_SITE in /etc/profile.d/site.sh.
14 >
15 > For Prefix we should have our etc/profile to punt CONFIG_SITE value -
16 > either unset directly or set to empty somewhere in etc/profile.d/.
17 >
18 > Different thoughts?
19
20 Can't we just blacklist it in startprefix? How does it end up in the
21 env anyway? Is it during bootstrap? then just blacklist it in
22 bootstrap-prefix.sh
23
24 I'm probably missing something here. It feels like the PKG_CONFIG_PATH
25 thing a bit.
29 Fabian Groffen
30 Gentoo on a different level