From: rabbe@×××××××.se
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] postgreql on prefix portage, doable?
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 12:12:58
1 Does anyone know, would it be practical to run an SQL server of some
2 variety in Prefix Portage? It would be for prototyping only.
3
4 Let me state at once that I have little experience with databases. I did
5 run mysql on native Gentoo for some time though, with no problems.
6
7 I see that there are things like postgresql and sqlite in the prefix tree.
8 Did anyone try them out?
9
10 And what is the difference between the postgresql-server and postgresql
11 packages? Different packagings of the same server? (I see now that there
12 is a Gentoo guide and it says `emerge postgresql' very early on..)
13
14 Rabbe Fogelholm