From: Michael Weiser <michael@×××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Update clang failed (El Captain)
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2016 14:01:40
1 Hello Fabian,
2
3 On Sun, Sep 11, 2016 at 10:09:44AM +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
4
5 > I think I understand your points:
6 > - I don't understand why systems get messed up xcode-wise either, but
7 > I'm sure not everyone has root access to fix it
8 > - My current workaround works currently, indeed, dunno about the future
9
10 Agreed.
11
12 > - Doing more patchwork is discouraged by llvm maintainer(s?),
13 > didn't like my above patch, and in fact told me to leave the llvm
14 > ebuilds alone because the patches are not acceptable/accepted by
15 > upstream, if you got ideas for this...
16
17 Under these conditions I don't have any great ideas either. Obviously,
18 the right way to do it[tm] is to find someone willing to become llvm
19 upstream contributor/maintainer with a standing to get our patches in.
20 I've tried something similar on a much lower level on several occasions
21 and can say that it's a major undertaking that will gobble that someone
22 up. So I'm not volunteering.
23
24 > - The libcxx{abi,-headers} situation needs love too, since we have
25 > different ebuilds for Prefix
26
27 I haven't forgotten about the "switch to cmake"-part of Bug #538364 but seem
28 to have trouble motivating myself to touch it since the current scheme
29 works reasonably well. :-/
30 --
31 Regards,
32 Michael