From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Update clang failed (El Captain)
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2016 08:09:55
1 Hi Michael,
2
3 I think I understand your points:
4 - I don't understand why systems get messed up xcode-wise either, but
5 I'm sure not everyone has root access to fix it
6 - My current workaround works currently, indeed, dunno about the future
7 - Doing more patchwork is discouraged by llvm maintainer(s?),
8 didn't like my above patch, and in fact told me to leave the llvm
9 ebuilds alone because the patches are not acceptable/accepted by
10 upstream, if you got ideas for this...
11 - Currently we don't do much cross work indeed, it's never been an aim
12 either, but until the day someone needs it, I guess
13 - The libcxx{abi,-headers} situation needs love too, since we have
14 different ebuilds for Prefix
15
16 Fabian
17