From: Markus Duft <mduft@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: RE: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] the future of Prefix
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 05:43:53
2 > On Mon, 2008-10-06 at 22:34 +0200, Fabian Groffen wrote:
3 [snip]
4 >
5 > We've obviously got an uphill battle to get all the patches into
6 > mainline.
7 >
8 > So can we start piecemeal and pushing the portage changes to mainline
9 > first, but keep your current changes in prefix so we can continue in
10 > parallel ?
11
12 +1. I think this is the way to go. We only have to get portage devs in our
13 boat :)
16 > I think it's inevitable we have to sync up with mainline at some point,
17 > but you are right, it's certainly not a one man job.
18
19 Of course we have to help together.
20
21 Cheers, Markus