From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [PREFIX] the future of Prefix
Date: Wed, 08 Oct 2008 06:08:26
1 On 08-10-2008 07:39:51 +0200, Markus Duft wrote:
2 > > So can we start piecemeal and pushing the portage changes to mainline
3 > > first, but keep your current changes in prefix so we can continue in
4 > > parallel ?
5 >
6 > +1. I think this is the way to go. We only have to get portage devs in our
7 > boat :)
8
9 They are "in our boat", but we cannot push things that change the
10 behaviour, such as an EAPI, without proper discussing on -dev first.
11 All our features were already pushed to trunk (such as repoman with svn
12 support).
16 Fabian Groffen
17 Gentoo on a different level