From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [prefix]-portage on native gentoo
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 17:20:26
1 On 10-12-2007 17:27:03 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > > However, portage /does/ record which python it wants to use, so
3 > > eventually it gets the "correct" python libraries when NOT using
4 > > PYTHONPATH.
5 >
6 > Problem here is not that it finds wrong python modules, but wrong
7 > *portage* modules, because PYTHONPATH=/usr/lib/portage/pym
8 >
9 > It (seems to) work when I unset PYTHONPATH before doing prefix.
10
11 Reason for this IMHO is for Portage developers to be able to tell
12 portage where it /should/ look for its stuff by simply setting
13 PYTHONPATH. If we ignore this var, Portage no longer would "listen" to
14 you.
15
16 However, I don't ever use it, so I don't care. I could apply a patch
17 such that it will always use the modules it was configured to do, but
18 I'm almost certain "upstream" won't merge that.
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level
24 --
25 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list