From: Guilherme Amadio <amadio@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: [PREFIX] Bootstrap stable?
Date: Thu, 04 Apr 2019 00:15:24
1 Hi Jon,
2
3 > On 3 Apr 2019, at 18:11, Jon Woodring <woodring@××××.gov> wrote:
4 >
5 > Thanks for the links Guilherme; it's really interesting because that's exactly
6 > the sort of thing I was looking for.
7 >
8 > I don't know of where we might have CVMFS mounted, because I don't work with
9 > the HEP/ROOT community, but it might be somewhere. I take it that it's just
10 > a FUSE implementation that I could mount on my own machine?
11
12 Just try to "ls /cvmfs", it’s usually mounted at this mount point. But yes, you
13 can mount on your own machine. You only need sft.cern.ch CVMFS repository to use
14 the prefix I have installed.
15
16 > That said, if I am unable to get CVMFS working (it doesn't look like it will be
17 > trouble), do you have a git repo of your ebuilds that I could take a look at?
18 > I'm curious about the ebuilds that you're using in the environment.
19
20 I use mostly ebuilds from the standard tree, I have very few additions of my own.
21 They are here, though, if you’d like to take a look: https://github.com/amadio/gentoo-overlay
22
23 If you want to know what I have installed instead, then I can provide a list of
24 the packages, but I currently only use the CVMFS prefix for testing ROOT, so I have
25 only ROOT and its deps installed for the most part.
26
27 Cheers,
28 -Guilherme