From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Emerging glibc in a prefix gentoo: Meaningful? Doable?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 10:01:24
1 On 09-11-2007 10:43:15 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
2 > On Fri, 2007-11-09 at 08:59 +0100, rabbe@×××××××.se wrote:
3 > > Then, about the "doable" question: Is it supposed to be possible to emerge
4 > > glibc? I gave it a shot on my Fedora Core 6 prefix setup, and it failed at
5 > > an early stage. I can write a bug report if this should be considered a
6 > > bug.
7 >
8 > Can't say anything here.
9
10 I know I once got it compiled and installed. The reason I abandoned it,
11 is that I got linking errors with undefined references to
12 some_kind_function@GLIBC_2.5 kind of symbols, quite similar to your gcc
13 compilation problem.
14
15 When I did that, prefix was still in its early stage, and the ldwrapper
16 didn't exist yet. Almost for sure no runpath directions were set, and
17 maybe even no -L directions. Given that we have a better environment
18 regards the linking these days, it may be worth a try again...
22 Fabian Groffen
23 Gentoo on a different level
24 --
25 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list