From: Jeremy <jer.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Emerging glibc in a prefix gentoo: Meaningful? Doable?
Date: Fri, 09 Nov 2007 16:48:25
1 Fabian Groffen wrote:
2 > When I did that, prefix was still in its early stage, and the ldwrapper
3 > didn't exist yet. Almost for sure no runpath directions were set, and
4 > maybe even no -L directions. Given that we have a better environment
5 > regards the linking these days, it may be worth a try again...
6
7 Being able to emerge glibc would make my life easier too. I got farther
8 on 64bit linux machines than x86. Both failed at an early stage. IIRC,
9 glibc on 64bit would fail because it had an implicit dependency on
10 linux-headers. The configure script searched for linux-headers in
11 /usr/src/linux and my machine didn't have them there. So then I tried to
12 emerge linux-headers (which I believe worked, after I ported
13 dev-util/unifdef which is now in the tree) but glibc still didn't find
14 them. At that point, I gave up due to time constraints. I suspect a
15 configure.in patch would be required?? I would be interested in this
16 working and if a bug report was created I could contribute again.
17
18 HTH,
19 Jeremy
20
21 PS. To the OP: please create a new message rather than replying to an
22 old one and changing the subject. It screws up the threading on gmane
23 and many mail clients.
26 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list