From: Al <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [SOLVED] Bootstrapping binutils breaks
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 10:04:37
1 2010/8/27 Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>:
4 > On 08/27/2010 10:30 AM, Al wrote:
5 >>> Does it work when you just drop including sys/user.h in binutils?
6 >>>
7 >>> That did work for hpux11.31 some time ago, where sys/user.h was dropped
8 >>> (did exist in hpux11.23):
9 >>> http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2008-11/msg00310.html
10 >>
11 >> The solution was to set the matching CHOST.
12 >
13 > In this case I fail to see any relation to the hpux fix.
14
15 Me neither. I wanted to reach two goals with one posting.
16
17 1.) Send my solution into the archives.
18 2.) Give a hint that there may be an alternative lever in your case.
21 >> Obviously it is used as
22 >> "host" setting for "configure", but I didn't find that documentet.
23 >
24 > I'm wondering what exactly you miss in the docs when it is obvious...
25
26 Maybe it seems obvious for you. For me it becomes obvious by bad
27 experience. Not the way I prefer. ;-)
28
29 Al