From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] I can haz fortran?
Date: Wed, 01 Sep 2010 08:02:30
1 Like Aaron said:
2
3 On 31-08-2010 16:09:31 -0700, Tom Ellis wrote:
4 > What is the current state of fortran in prefix on mac?  I tried to get some
5 > scientific software into the prefix but got stopped at square one which is,
6 > have a working fortran compiler.  I looked in gmane and the most recent
7 > discussion of fortran I found was the one I started 4 years ago.
8 >
9 > I have a feeling this was a mac only problem since mac depends on gcc-apple
10 > which has no fortran.  or did depend - I sort of lost interest in prefix
11 > when I couldn't use it to compile fortran on my mac with the convenient
12 > ebuild system. maybe things have matured and advanced since then he inquired
13 > hopefully?
14
15 Well, I'm not sure what you're exaclty looking for, but our gcc-apple
16 these days has a fortan USE-flag, which just installs a gfortran for
17 you:
18
19 % gfortran --version
20 GNU Fortran (GCC) 4.2.1 (Gentoo 4.2.1_p5664, Apple Inc. build 5664)
21 Copyright (C) 2007 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
22
23 So far it hasn't caused me any problems with software that requires
24 fortran support, but I'm not a realy fortran user.
28 Fabian Groffen
29 Gentoo on a different level