From: Jeremy <jer.gentoo@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] [bootstrapping ubuntu] emerge -e system (Code Listing 1.16)
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2008 03:06:13
1 Brandon Lewis wrote:
2 <snip>
3 >>> build-aux/missing: line 54: help2man: command not found
4 >>> WARNING: `help2man' is missing on your system. You should only need it
5 >>> ....
6 >>>
7 </snip>
8
9 emerge help2man then try that step again. It is a rather annoying
10 dependacy bug related to upstream (non-Gentoo related). I have hit this
11 in another package when I was bootstrapping before - (I think it was
12 gcc, but it was later fixed) Definitely not a show-stopper bug or
13 anything that should cause you to re-bootstrap. ;-)
14
15 BTW, you aren't in "uncharted territory", rather just a result of newer
16 versions requiring different deps. Makes it hard to document instructions.
17
18 -Jeremy
19 --
20 gentoo-alt@l.g.o mailing list