From: Elmar Hinz <oss.elmar@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Bash failed. Are errors normal?
Date: Sat, 21 Aug 2010 10:03:07
1 2010/8/21 <heroxbd@×××××.com>:
2 > Hello Michael,
3 >
4 > Michael Yang <yangofzeal@×××××.com> writes:
5 >
6 >> Has anyone ever considered setting up an automated build system (&
7 >> waterfall report) similar to google's chrome dev that runs a working
8 >> bootstrap script on different architectures each evening?  It would
9 >> facilitate the entire process for beginners.
10 >
11 > +1 for this. It would be cool.
12 >
13 > IHMO, the problem is that we have too many platforms (in different
14 > versions for different bootstrap) to be tested, but too little man
15 > power (and resources?).
16
17 I did run my script this night successfully on Ubuntu 10.04 LTS -
18 Lucid Lynx. Time was 237 minutes with a dual processor. The result
19 takes 1.1 GB of disc space. Temporary it needed up to 2 GB. I still
20 need to test if the result is usable.
21
22 Al