From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] multilib / multijob / parallel build problem
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 23:38:16
1 On Sat, Oct 5, 2013 at 4:32 PM, Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us> wrote:
2 > Trust me, at the end of the day, it's a cygwin bug. Technically
3 > speaking, Cygwin supports bidi pipes with the same semantics as Linux,
4 > but the implementation is broken. IIRC, something as simple as "diff
5 > -u <(echo 1) <(echo 2)" in cygwin bash is enough to confirm that.
6
7 If I'm not mistaken, the bug has to do with getting the handles of
8 named pipes cloned during fork(). They are supposed to stay attached,
9 of course, but instead they insta-close on read... something like that
10 anyhow, it was a while ago I looked into it :)
11
12 -gmt