From: Elias Pipping <pipping@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] small crossdev patch
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:11:50
1 On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 08:03:55PM +1000, Peter Ansell wrote:
2 > On 18/11/2007, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
3 > > On 18-11-2007 09:05:46 +1000, Peter Ansell wrote:
4 > > > Hi,
5 > > >
6 > > > I did some experimenting with crossdev in my OS X Leopard prefix and
7 > > > found that it was failing looking for /etc/portage... so I made up a
8 > > > patch for the places where it does this.
9 > > >
10 > > > I know crossdev isn't keyworded at all, and this is possibly not the
11 > > > place to post patches, but I am new to this. The patch possibly isn't
12 > > > perfect as I just inserted ${EPREFIX} into a few lines...
13 > > >
14 > > > Any suggestions for where to submit future patches would be great.
15 > >
16 > > The patch looks fine. ${EPREFIX} should have been quoted, however.
17 > >
18 > > I don't have any strict policy on where or what. Here is fine,
19 > > especially if you ask for some discussion, which is what you do IMHO.
20 > >
21 > > Anyhow, how far do/did you get with this? I have experimented a fair
22 > > bit with cross-compiling, with not much success.
25 > I was able to use the crossdev script to do some elementary stuff
26 > after those changes.
27 >
28 > I am trying to get an i686-pc-linux-gnu compiler/toolchain inside my
29 > i686-apple-darwin9 prefix. I got to the end of the binutils
30 > compilation and it complained about symbols/names that were not going
31 > to work at installation. I then hacked around that as it kind of
32 > suggested by putting FEATURES="allow_broken_install_names" in
33 > make.conf, only to find that gcc complained the next time because the
34 > .dylib files were not correct, which was the expected behaviour after
35 > hacking around the first error.
36 >
37 > I will privately email you the log files to see whether you can make
38 > any sense of them.
39
40 Feel free to CC me :)
43 -- Elias