From: Peter Ansell <ansell.peter@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] small crossdev patch
Date: Sun, 18 Nov 2007 10:04:11
1 On 18/11/2007, Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o> wrote:
2 > On 18-11-2007 09:05:46 +1000, Peter Ansell wrote:
3 > > Hi,
4 > >
5 > > I did some experimenting with crossdev in my OS X Leopard prefix and
6 > > found that it was failing looking for /etc/portage... so I made up a
7 > > patch for the places where it does this.
8 > >
9 > > I know crossdev isn't keyworded at all, and this is possibly not the
10 > > place to post patches, but I am new to this. The patch possibly isn't
11 > > perfect as I just inserted ${EPREFIX} into a few lines...
12 > >
13 > > Any suggestions for where to submit future patches would be great.
14 >
15 > The patch looks fine. ${EPREFIX} should have been quoted, however.
16 >
17 > I don't have any strict policy on where or what. Here is fine,
18 > especially if you ask for some discussion, which is what you do IMHO.
19 >
20 > Anyhow, how far do/did you get with this? I have experimented a fair
21 > bit with cross-compiling, with not much success.
24 I was able to use the crossdev script to do some elementary stuff
25 after those changes.
26
27 I am trying to get an i686-pc-linux-gnu compiler/toolchain inside my
28 i686-apple-darwin9 prefix. I got to the end of the binutils
29 compilation and it complained about symbols/names that were not going
30 to work at installation. I then hacked around that as it kind of
31 suggested by putting FEATURES="allow_broken_install_names" in
32 make.conf, only to find that gcc complained the next time because the
33 .dylib files were not correct, which was the expected behaviour after
34 hacking around the first error.
35
36 I will privately email you the log files to see whether you can make
37 any sense of them.
38
39 Peter
40 --