From: Greg Turner <gmt@×××××.us>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] multilib / multijob / parallel build problem
Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2013 07:04:59
1 If you're running portage under cygwin, somehow, you'll want to
2 replace the multijob eclass and multijob portage-internal bash script
3 with equivalent noop stubs. Cygwin has broken named pipe handling,
4 blah blah blah... Google it.
5
6 But you'll need a LOT more than that to make it work! I tried pretty
7 hard for a couple of years to get it working and at some points
8 managed to get most of '@system' working -- but never without gross
9 hacks. See my github if interested (but be advised it has not
10 received any love for a long time and is surely of extremely limited
11 utility by now).
12
13 There probably are no cygwin people. The cygwin profile in portage is
14 for a super old version if that's what you're using, btw -- what you
15 get with that is more akin to "msys" than present-day cygwin.
16
17 -gmt