From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] doxygen-1.5.4 issues
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2007 21:31:19
1 Long story short:
2
3 I fixed the problem. Thanks.
6 On 30-11-2007 10:55:57 +0100, Johan Hattne wrote:
7 > Now I'm having issues with doxygen.
8 >
9 > It doesn't compile anymore due to doxygen-1.5.3-darwin9 patch, which is
10 > dealing with constness of an argument passed to iconv. Because on my
11 > darwin8 __APPLE__ is defined, the result of the patched code is to cast
12 > const char ** to char **. This seems unnecessary because both system
13 > libiconv and portage libiconv accept const char ** as second argument to
14 > iconv(). The patch has darwin9 in its name, with which I have no
15 > experience, so I can't say what good the patch does there. Where have I
16 > gone blind?
17 >
18 > Also I notice that the cast causes problems on Solaris as well. Wouldn't
19 > it be a cleaner solution to have the configure script check whether iconv()
20 > accepts a const second argument, and then cast based on the result of the
21 > probe? A quick patch doing just that is attached.
26 Fabian Groffen
27 Gentoo on a different level
28 --
29 gentoo-alt@g.o mailing list