From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] You too? youtoo!
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 07:46:12
1 On 08/18/10 21:19, Peter Abrahamsen wrote:
2 > On Aug 18, 2010, at 4:39 AM, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
3 >
4 >> Well, for Windows you might be in some luck (thanks to mduft):
5 >> What does exist already is (not a script, but) an ISO image (DVD) with
6 >> some nice
7 >> GUI installer, that can set up both Interix and Gentoo Prefix on your
8 >> Windows box.
9 >> You can find it via http://prefix.gentoo.org/bootstrap.xml
10 >
11 > Bootstrapping is about as much fun as standing in line at the post
12 > office. If Prefix would like to compete with fink, darwinports, or
13 > whatever else people are using on various platforms, then the experience
14 > for the first-time user should be as easy as what Elmar describes. I
15 > can't think of any reason it shouldn't be that easy–pretty much everyone
16 > runs bootstrap-prefix.sh the same way, except when they copy the
17 > commands wrong or out of order.
18
19 Well, yes - there is another thing, called prefix-launcher[1].
20 It does provide a script called eprefix-bootstrap[2].
21
22 Although we use it here to bootstrap on aix/hpux/linux/solaris/interix,
23 its documentation could need some love: In the early days there was some
24 wiki, but I didn't manage to get this content to SF's new wiki system.
25
26 [1] http://prefix-launcher.sourceforge.net/
27 [2] https://prefix-launcher.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/prefix-launcher/eprefix-bootstrap/trunk/
28