From: "Gibson
To: "gentoo-alt@l.g.o" <gentoo-alt@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Tool chain search paths, OS X 10.9
Date: Tue, 24 Jun 2014 16:50:44
1 On Jun 24, 2014, at 5:59 AM, Johan Hattne <johan@××××××.se> wrote:
2
3 > Dear all;
4 >
5 > A few months ago I got a shiny new MacBook with OS X 10.9.3 and I’d like to have prefixed portage on it. Xcode 5.1.1 is installed, and unlike last time I went through this exercise (on 10.8, I believe) I got the command line tools without any additional clicks.
6 >
7 > I ran into all kinds of problems because prefix’s toolchain didn’t find headers and libraries. It appears these are kept under /Applications/Xcode.app in my case. I kludged around parts of it by symlinking /usr/include to /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX10.9.sdk/usr/include and other parts by just using the system’s toolchain, but clearly this aint’t the way to go.
8 >
9 > I’ve got the sneaky suspicion I’ve missed something fundamental here, but I don’t know what. I didn’t find anything that appeared suitable enough in the usual places. Cluebat, anyone?
10 >
11 > // Cheers; Johan
12
13 Hi Johan,
14
15 It's been a while but I remember playing around with xcode-select to get this working. I don't recall if I had to symlink or not, but I think that I got through it without too much pain.
16
17 John