From: matt hull <mattmatteh@×××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix-portage as root
Date: Wed, 27 Feb 2008 21:17:43
1 grobian can answer better than i.
2
3 i dont think there is a need for root on osx. i have it installed to
4 ~/gentoo and works fine. for me gentoo is installed for only one
5 user, me. if you would like to install it for multiple users i
6 would suggest making a user gentoo and installing to /usr/local/
7 gentoo where only user gentoo can modify those files.
8
9 i believe sandbox is broke on osx and is not used.
10
11 what reason would root be needed?
12
13 matt