From: Christoph Junghans <ottxor@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Prefix on a Gentoo host: sharing the Portage tree
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2012 00:04:58
1 2012/7/23 Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>:
2 > On Mon, Jul 23, 2012 at 2:14 PM, Christoph Junghans <ottxor@g.o> wrote:
3 >
4 >> Can you give us some motivating number how many packages still need to
5 >> be back-ported to gx86?
6 >
7 > % pwd
8 > .../prefix_trunk
9 > % find . -maxdepth 2 -mindepth 2 -type d | wc -l
12 > So, roughly 338 packages are still in the prefix repo alone. That is
13 > down ~30 in 5 months given my past analysis:
14 > http://blog.jolexa.net/2012/02/gentoo-prefix-a-look-at-the-number-of-packages/
15 > So, at the current rate, we can expect the migration to take another
16 > ~4.5 years.
17 4.5 years (!), that is too long.
18
19 Is the strategy still to submit bugs with the changes from prefix and
20 make them block the tracker #315803?
21 If so, I will have a look at some easy back-ports and do that.
22
23 Christoph
24
25 > -Jeremy