From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] prefix installer, AIX 5.3 gcc failed to build
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 09:30:41
On 15-12-2010 10:25:39 +0100, Michael Haubenwallner wrote:
> The portage found in prefix-launcher-trunk now seems to work so far, > although a complete bootstrap still isn't working for different reason: > > After emerging python there is no usr/bin/python available. > > Thus the portage being merged finds python from prefix-launcher, which > is outside EPREFIX and thus a QA-reason to abort merging initial portage.
Are you using the latest snapshot? There has been this discussion on -dev about python not calling eselect python set whatever in the right way/moment. I synced their latest changes, but I couldn't verify 2 days ago whether or not it worked. eselect python show didn't list anything, so I suspect it doesn't. I haven't reviewed the logic in the ebuild (it's not 'trivial') yet, but given that you report it too, I fear this code isn't quite right yet. -- Fabian Groffen Gentoo on a different level