From: Michael Haubenwallner <haubi@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Gentoo prefix with host system toolchain?
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 20:35:12
1 Dag Sverre Seljebotn wrote:
2 > There's lot of half-baked distribution solution available (sagemath.org,
3 > femhub.org, enthought.com, pythonxy.com), but Gentoo seems like a better
4 > choice for my project for several reasons.
5
6 After a short look on all those links and after reading bug#240622 I get
7 the impression (may be wrong), that Gentoo Prefix _is_ what you're looking
8 for - as a _replacement_ for sagemath (and others):
9 It just seems necessary to isolate the math-only package(s) out of
10 sagemath and write the ebuild(s) which uses already existent Gentoo
11 package-definitions (=ebuilds) as dependencies.
12
13 (still may be wrong, but) HTH,
14 /haubi/
15 --