From: "Tamás Gérczei" <gerczei.tamas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] Re: desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans
Date: Wed, 02 Oct 2013 10:28:07
1 Hey Benda,
2
3 Thanks for both the effort and letting me know - however, all I get is
4 python complaining about a failed getaddrinfo (error 111) trying to resolve
5 the rsync mirror's address, lack of write access to emerge.log and
6 eventually about lack of a usable temporary directory as well. This
7 surfaces right upon entering the Prefix and trying to sync it.
8
9 The NSes listed in /data/gentoo/etc/resolv.conf should be reachable but
10 I've even tried to modify it to another that CM itself is happy using
11 outside the Prefix.
12
13 I have simply extracted the downloaded tarball manually under /data as root
14 and invoked the startprefix script as the default user my terminal gave me.
15 I've even tried performing the latter as root, however, it made no
16 difference apart from having been able to write emerge.log then.
17
18 At this point I have no use for this at all other than sheer curiosity as a
19 Gentoo enthusiast so consider this low-priority, especially of someone else
20 ends up suceeding on a different ROM. I'd also accept the above were it up
21 to my ROM of choice, however, I know almost nothing about Android so I
22 couldn't come to conclusions of my own.
23
24 Regards,
25 Tamás