From: heroxbd@×××××.com
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-alt] Re: desktop experience on smartphone: thoughts and plans
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 06:02:46
1 Hey Tamás,
2
3 Tamás Gérczei <gerczei.tamas@×××××.com> writes:
4
5 > Thanks for both the effort and letting me know - however, all I get is
6 > python complaining about a failed getaddrinfo (error 111) trying to
7 > resolve the rsync mirror's address,
8
9 > (reordered)
10 > The NSes listed in /data/gentoo/etc/resolv.conf should be reachable
11 > but I've even tried to modify it to another that CM itself is happy
12 > using outside the Prefix.
13
14 Sorry, I forgot to prefixify /etc/resolv.conf in the most important
15 place, my fault. Now fixed in the tarball at
16
17 http://distfiles.gentoo.org/experimental/prefix/rap/gentoo.tar.bz2
18
19 > lack of write access to emerge.log
20
21 > (reordered)
22 > I have simply extracted the downloaded tarball manually under /data as
23 > root and invoked the startprefix script as the default user my
24 > terminal gave me. I've even tried performing the latter as root,
25 > however, it made no difference apart from having been able to write
26 > emerge.log then.
27
28 It's because the tarball is created with root priviledge, and requires
29 root to run. We are trying to make it accessible by normal users, but it
30 involves substantial work.
31
32 > and eventually about lack of a usable temporary directory as
33 > well.
34
35 Android do not have /tmp available, as required by FHS. The ultimate
36 solution is to find out all the ebuild who use /tmp and prefixify it.
37
38 At present, a workaround is to mount tmpfs at /tmp:
39
40 # mkdir /tmp; mount -t tmpfs tmpfs /tmp
41
42 as documented in
43
44 https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Project:Android/tarball#Worthy_Notes
45
46 We could include this hack into startprefix though...
47
48 > This surfaces right upon entering the Prefix and trying to sync it.
49
50 Yes, I reproduced that. I should've tested more thoroughly.
51
52 > At this point I have no use for this at all other than sheer curiosity
53 > as a Gentoo enthusiast so consider this low-priority, especially of
54 > someone else ends up suceeding on a different ROM. I'd also accept the
55 > above were it up to my ROM of choice, however, I know almost nothing
56 > about Android so I couldn't come to conclusions of my own.
57
58 This is high-priority. You feedback is crucial, and I'm very
59 appreciated. Thank you for your time.
60
61 Cheers,
62 Benda