From: Fabian Groffen <grobian@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] less color output broken?
Date: Thu, 17 May 2007 08:05:34
1 On 16-05-2007 22:51:15 +0200, Elias Pipping wrote:
2 >> Hi,
3 >>
4 >> I was looking at mplayer's ebuild file with less, and noticed the coloring
5 >> was odd - strings and comments didn't extend to the next line e.g..
6
7 It`s only the colouring, right? I don`t see like alignment problems.
8 The colouring is not a feature of less, but of the lesspipe.sh script,
9 IMHO. That is, I don`t know of any syntax colouring support for less.
10 Maybe I`m wrong here?
11
12 >> I compared the output of the ebuild-less (right) against the system-less
13 >> (left).
14 >> Although the coloring of system-less isn't perfect either (middle of
15 >> second screenshot), I find it much better than the one of ebuild-less. How
16 >> come it's different at all?
17 >>
18 >> (I had a look at the files[1] Apple uses to build less, but I couldn't
19 >> find an apparent reason for the above behavior)
20 >>
21 >> [1] http://www.opensource.apple.com/darwinsource/10.4.9.x86/less-14/
24 >> Kind regards,
25 >>
26 >> Elias
27 >
28 > I've uploaded[2] the screenshots because they were too big for the list
29 >
30 > [2] http://page.mi.fu-berlin.de/~pipping/gentoo/
34 Fabian Groffen
35 Gentoo on a different level