From: Benda Xu <heroxbd@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Cc: Lincoln Bryant <lincolnb@××××××××.edu>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] RAP stage 1 bootstrap fails on CentOS 6 due to python version
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 00:12:37
1 Hi Lincoln,
2
3 Lincoln Bryant <lincolnb@××××××××.edu> writes:
4
5 > I’m experimenting with RAP on CentOS 6 and seeing the stage 1 build
6 > fail when bootstrapping portage due to a lack of Python 2.7.
7 >
8 > Here’s the error I see:
9 > checking whether /usr/bin/python 2.6.6 >= 2.7... configure:
10 > error: need at least version 2.7 of python
11
12 This should not happen. Could you please open a bug (bugs.gentoo.org)
13 and attach the stage1.log?
14
15 > Depsite successfully bootstrapping python, the portage build seems to
16 > be looking for Python in the host’s /usr/bin, which is 2.6.6 on
17 > EL6. As such it fails. If I do some nasty things like replace the
18 > host's /usr/bin/python symlink, the stage 1 works fine.
19
20 Can the stage1 python be executed?
21
22 > Did I miss something obvious here? Thanks for any insight!
23
24 No idea at the moment.
25
26 Benda