From: Jeremy Olexa <darkside@g.o>
To: gentoo-alt@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-alt] emerge blas-atlas fails
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 15:40:44
1 On Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:18:17 -0500, Jacob Godserv <jacobgodserv@×××××.com>
2 wrote:
3 > On Wed, Nov 25, 2009 at 08:43, Andreas Amann <amann@××××××××××××××××.de>
4 > wrote:
5 >> Hello all,
6 >>
7 >> "emerge blas-atlas" apparently wants to install stuff into /etc instead
8 >> of
9 >> $EPREFIX/etc
10 >>
11 >> Anybody knows how to fix this?
12 >
13 > Be sure to file a bug report.
14 >
15 > I've encountered these /etc issues as well, so I tried to look into
16 > this just now, but I got a warning that my gcc doesn't have fortran
17 > support. It might be a little while, then, before I can help you, if
18 > at all. I'll keep you posted.
19
20 The ebuild and package are quite difficult (like all sci packages). A
21 homebrew'd configure script and no way to change the path for config files.
22 Not sure what needs to be done really. Probably best to see the first
23 version that worked and what changed. At some point, everything that was
24 added to the prefix tree was tested. New versions after were not explicitly
25 tested when they were added to the tree. We rely on bug reports and people
26 helping to fix issues. :)
27
28 Thanks,
29 -Jeremy