From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] boottime
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 20:05:13
1 On Mittwoch 12 November 2008, jevezze@××××××××××××.com wrote:
2 > Hi,
3 >
4 > I was wondering if someone could help me out here.
5 >
6 > My boottime right now is +- 1 minute but I see alot of blogs and such
7 > saying poeple have less then 20 seconds? I've tried things like baselayout
8 > 2.0, Openrc and changing RC_PARALLEL_STARTUP to 'yes' instead of 'no' but I
9 > can't see any difference. Are there more things I could try?
10 >
11 > Ow and for some reason bootchart doesn't work I placed it in my grub conf
12 > but it doesn't show any log and is not stated in my dmesg except in the
13 > first to lines where it just copies my grub commands?
14 >
15 > Even 5 or 10 secondes less would be pretty cool :-).
18 take out everything out of your kernel what you don't need. Not even as
19 module. Reduce the amount of modules. Don't use genkernel. Have X start in the
20 boot runlevel.