From: "Bo Ørsted Andresen" <bo.andresen@××××.dk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Creation of locales
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:50:57
1 On Thursday 28 September 2006 00:08, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > All right, hands up! Which package deletes all locales off the system when
3 > it's emerged? Locale-gen doesn't work on this box, and the glibc creation
4 > of locales that was supposed to work never has either, so I've been using
5 > localedef to create them as described in the localisation guide.
6 >
7 > But every time I have a major reinstallation of packages, eventually I
8 > notice perl packages complaining of missing locales. So where are they
9 > going? I need to know this so that I can redefine them before continuing
10 > the emerge.
11
12 `locale-gen --config /etc/locale.gen` is run by pkg_postinst() of
13 sys-libs/glibc.
14
15 What is the output of:
16