From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Creation of locales
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2006 22:14:22
1 All right, hands up! Which package deletes all locales off the system when
2 it's emerged? Locale-gen doesn't work on this box, and the glibc creation
3 of locales that was supposed to work never has either, so I've been using
4 localedef to create them as described in the localisation guide.
5
6 But every time I have a major reinstallation of packages, eventually I
7 notice perl packages complaining of missing locales. So where are they
8 going? I need to know this so that I can redefine them before continuing
9 the emerge.
12 Rgds
13 Peter
14 --