From: Daniel Iliev <danny@××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Creation of locales
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2006 01:08:08
1 Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > All right, hands up! Which package deletes all locales off the system when
3 > it's emerged? Locale-gen doesn't work on this box, and the glibc creation
4 > of locales that was supposed to work never has either, so I've been using
5 > localedef to create them as described in the localisation guide.
6 >
7 > But every time I have a major reinstallation of packages, eventually I
8 > notice perl packages complaining of missing locales. So where are they
9 > going? I need to know this so that I can redefine them before continuing
10 > the emerge.
13 In addition to Mr.Andresen' reply.
14 There is a package that deletes the unnecessary locales:
15
16 eix localepurge
17 * app-admin/localepurge
18 Available versions: 0.5.1 ~0.5.2
19 Installed: none
20 Homepage:
21 http://www.josealberto.org/blog/index.php?s=localepurge
23 unneeded locale files and localized man pages.
27 Best regards,
28 Daniel
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list