From: Harm Geerts <harmgeerts@××××.nl>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Unstable images in Firefox
Date: Mon, 30 Apr 2007 10:23:02
1 On Monday 30 April 2007, Peter Humphrey wrote:
2 > Quite often, when I'm viewing a Web page that uses Javascript to overlay a
3 > picture with enlarged sections of itself, I find a very rapid flickering of
4 > the overlaid section alternating with the background picture. Here's an
5 > example: http://heritage.stsci.edu/2007/16/supplemental.html. Does anyone
6 > else find this? About Firefox says: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64;
7 > en-GB; rv:1.8.1.3) Gecko/20070411 Firefox/2.0.0.3.
8
9 That's a scripting error, when you see the enlargement on mouseover the height
10 of the page increases. The increase causes the loss of the mouseover event en
11 then the page restores to it's original height.
12
13 If you increase the size of the browserwindow/desktop so that the enlarged
14 picture doesn't cause the page to scroll the javascript function works fine.
15 --
16 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list