From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] KDE4 problems
Date: Tue, 21 Jul 2009 11:16:03
1 Fernando Boaglio wrote:
2 > Hi there,
3 >
4 > I'm a big fan of KDE, but since release 4.2.4 I 've been through some
5 > issues ... and AFAIK is 64bit only:
6 >
7 > - Amarok is mute =(
8 >
9 > - devices are not mounting automatically =(
10 >
11 > I've tried some fixes I read on forums without any luck.
12 >
13 > So... how about you guys, same thing? =)
14 >
15 > BTW, I'm running now 4.3RC2 with the same problems =/
16 >
17 > []'s
18 > Fernando Boaglio
21 My Amarok works just fine, I use it all the time for radio and podcasts
22 without trouble.
23
24 As for mounting devices automatically I don't do that anymore, I had
25 issues with devices automounting, but being boinced from mount point to
26 mount point (ie /dev/sda1 to /dev/sdb1 to /dev/sdc1) even if I left the
27 device connected. So I manually mount everything now.
31 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
32
33 Mark Haney
34 Sr. Systems Administrator
35 ERC Broadband